Health must be a priority for everyone. In order to spread awareness about Healthy living. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), physical inactivity is the fourth leading cause of disease and disability worldwide. By neglecting their health, working population аnd especially youngsters are facing various health hazards like obesity, diabetes, heart problems аnd many more life-threatening diseases due to the sedentary lifestyle, work pressure, physical inactivity, unhealthy eating habits, etc.
This year’s theme aims to drive action on depression, which is mainly stress-driven. Stress to some extent helps in boosting your energy levels to get through situations like exams or work deadlines. However, stress can have a negative impact on your body, mind аnd emotions affecting the immune, cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Chronic stress if untreated might result in serious health anxiety, insomnia, high blood pressure, heart diseases, depression, obesity etc.
Following are the ways by which one can stay healthy аnd de-stress :
1. Laugh out loud: When in tension аnd feeling stressed, try and carry a smile. .I Indulge yourself by watching your favourite comedy shows and meeting people with humour
2. De-stress yourself with an exercise: 20 minutes walking or engaging yourself in some physical activity, in the midst of stressful times, will give a soothing feel
3. Make the best of it: Pursuing your hobbies that give you internal happiness like painting, dancing, reading books, etc. will keep your worries at bay. Give at least 20 minutes of your time everyday to your hobby аnd you can make the best out of it
4. Meditation: Meditating 10 minutes a day, will keep you calm аnd at peace. Thiswill help you with clarity and lead to solving your problems.
5. Seek social support: You can relieve your stress by talking or sharing your concerns with your close friends аnd family, this will make you feel lighter
Most of us don’t really consider the well being of our health till health crisis occur. Keeping the motto in mind “Prevention is better than cure”, can help you lead a good life. One can mitigate stress levels аnd maintain a good health by getting enough sleep, eating a good diet, and exercising. The better you feel about yourself from within, the better you will be able to handle аnd manage stress.